How do I access my Get Paid accounts?
To access Get Paid in your GoDaddy account, log in to your Account Manager, click Online Bookkeeping, and then click Launch next to the account you want to use.
What are the differences between the Get Paid Starter, Essentials and Premium plans?
For a list of the features and options available for each plan, please visit Get Paid's product page.
How can I accept payments with Get Paid?
Get Paid will help you accept payments whether you see your customers face-to-face or if you bill your customers using invoices. You can:
- Use the PayPal Here swiper to charge a credit card in record time
- Scan the card with your phone's built-in camera
- Manually enter card numbers
- Let your clients pay you directly from your invoice
- Accept online payments via PayPal
- Charge credit cards via Stripe
What if my customers don't have an account at any of the payment providers?
Your customers only need a credit card or PayPal account
Will this product still work for me even if I don't see my customers face-to-face?
Get Paid lets you accept payments in person or via the web. If you don't see your customers face-to-face, you can email an invoice that is online-payment-enabled, and accept any kind of payments via PayPal or Stripe.
I don't charge people very often. Is this still for me?
If you invoice, Get Paid will let you generate customized invoices that are enabled for online payment, or you can always just accept payments by check. Either way, Get Paid tracks the invoices sent, sends reminders for overdue payments, and tracks payments received. Get Paid also tracks all your sales, so whether you invoice, accept payments in person, or both, it's all organized in your Get Paid account.
Are there any additional fees or costs beyond the purchase price? Are there per-invoice or per-transaction fees?
There are no additional costs to get started using Get Paid, and you can send as many invoices as you like at no additional charge. Get Paid integrates with PayPal, PayPal Here, and Stripe. These payment providers do charge various fees. See the breakdown below:
2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
Card swipe: 2.7% per transaction
Manually enter a card number or scan a card: 3.5% + $0.15 per transaction
2.9% + $0.30
What if I don't have a PayPal or Stripe account?
After you've set up your account, we'll ask you to authorize your payment account at one of the above providers. If you don't have one, we'll help you set one up so you can start accepting payments within minutes!
What kind of PayPal account do I need?
You can use any type of PayPal account to accept payments via PayPal. PayPal Here requires a Business or Premier account, and you can upgrade your existing PayPal account for free during set up.
How do I get the mobile app?
When you log in to Get Paid for the first time, you'll go through a setup flow to get your account started. During this flow we'll text you a link to download the mobile app, or you can find our app in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
What do I need to start accepting payments on the mobile app? Do I have to have a PayPal Here swiper?
You'll pay lower transaction fees by swiping credit cards with the PayPal Here swiper, but you can still accept payments without it. See above for transaction rates on card scanning and manual entry.
What can I use the Get Paid mobile app for?
Get Paid's mobile app helps you achieve nearly everything you need to accept payments on your phone. You can:
- Accept credit cards and payments via PayPal Here.
- Look professional with Get Paid's customized estimates and invoices, and let your clients pay you online directly from the invoice.
- Automate follow-up with payment reminders and notifications when payment is received.
- Track your income over the past year and see how much of your hard-earned money is going to processing fees.
- Track mileage for business trips and enter expenses on the go.
When using Get Paid, when will I receive the money in my bank account?
If you accept PayPal or Stripe payments, you will see the transaction posted to your PayPal or Stripe account in real time.
Timing may vary for new accounts or for transactions that trigger manual review.
What contact information is available when a customer pays?
You will receive the client's name and email address. Sometimes the last four digits of the credit card is included as well.
When a merchant receives payment from the online enabled invoice:
- PayPal from an invoice (from their end customer’s PayPal account or guest check out using a credit card): The merchant receives the customer name and email address.
- Stripe (from their end customer’s credit card): The merchant receives the client name, last four digits of the credit card and the phone number (if provided).
- PayPal Here (swipe, scan or manual credit card entry): The merchant receives the customer name and email address.