What we've found is that some transactions come through on the Sales by State report as no state for a number of reasons. Such as:
- Foreign addresses.
- The buyer has a non-confirmed address on their account.
- Shipping Income.
If for any reason you have any transactions in your account that are showing up as "no state" go ahead and add the appropriate state on their contact page and then those transactions will show up under the correct state. To do so, please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to your "Reports" page.
- Navigate to your "Sales by State" report.
- Change the view as section to the "Table" view.
- Click on where it says "No State" to see which transactions roll into the "No State" list.
- The page will refresh and you will see all of the transactions and payee names that are showing up on your "No State" list.
Now that you know the payee names of the contacts that are not currently showing up as having a state, you can edit the contacts. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Click on "Manage".
- Click on the "Contacts" tab.
- Enter the name of the contact that you would like to edit.
- Click "Filter."
- When you find the name that you would like to edit on your list, go ahead and click on the contact name to edit the contact.
- Enter in the appropriate "State" and any other information you would like to enter for this contact.
- Click "Save."
This contacts' transactions will now show up under the appropriate state.