You probably found your way to this article because one of our Customer Care Team representatives asked you to record a screencast. You may be wondering, what is a screencast? A screencast is a digital recording of computer screen output, also known as a video screen capture, often containing audio narration. The reason that you were asked to record a screencast is most likely because you are experiencing a problem in your account that one of our representatives is unable to replicate. By recording this screencast you will be enabling us to see exactly how you are experiencing this problem and thus it will be easier for us to help you. To record your screencast, please follow these directions:
1) Click on where it says “Login” and enter your Bookkeeping log in credentials.
2) Once logged in, click on where it says, “Check your existing requests.”
3) Find the ticket that you are asking to have a screenshot recorded for and click on the “Ticket.”
4) Once you’ve opened the ticket, enter in any comments or questions you may have about the existing request and then click “Record screencast.”
5) You will see the message “Screen recorder loaded!” a small grey box with instructions and a box surrounded by a grey dotted line. If you don’t see this, then you need to make sure that you have installed the most recent version of “Java,” without this, you will not be able to record a screencast.
6) At this point, follow the directions given to you in the small grey box. Resize the grey dotted lined box as indicated by the green arrows in the screenshot.
NOTE: Only the areas inside the grey dotted lined box will be recorded in the screencast. Make sure that your whole browser is included in the grey dotted lined box.
7) Once you have resized the frame, click on the “Red” circle to start recording your screencast. Now that you have begun recording your screencast, navigate to your GoDaddy Bookkeeping account and then to the area where you are experiencing problems. Make sure to take all the steps that you normally take when experiencing this problem.
8) Once you have completed your recording, click on the green box that says “Done.”
9) A new box will appear showing you a preview of your screencast. Click on where it says; “Upload” to upload your screencast to your ticket. Then click “Submit” to submit your ticket.