Many times in GoDaddy Bookkeeping you are going to want to filter your transactions to show only the data relevant to your current needs. The Income and Expense tabs located on the top center of the screen are perfect for accomplishing that.
These tabs show transactions from all accounts and can be filtered to show specific linked accounts, transaction names, date ranges, or categories.
(NOTE: The only thing they can't filter by are descriptions or amounts)
Also while you can filter by many different options, you are not currently able to sort by any of the transaction's fields in numerical or alphabetical order.
Below is a guide which will walk you through the Income tab, and all the helpful filtering options. This guide can also be used for the Expense tab, since all the features located on the Income tab are available in the Expense tab:
- Total Amount – This section shows you the total amount of money in the specified filter.
- Edit Multiple – This button allows you to edit selected transactions to have the same name, description, and/or category.
- Add Transaction – This link lets you add a transaction to your business income list.
- Date Range – This area allows you to filter your transactions by a specified date range.
- All Accounts – Use this link to filter transactions by linked accounts. (NOTE: Any transactions added via CSV will be listed under the Other Transactions account under Money I have)
- All Categories – This is a selection list of Business Income categories. Non-business categories are also included in this list.
- Name Search – This area will allow you to search for different Names (or Payees) on your transactions.
- Filter – Once you have specified the criteria for the transactions you want to see just click this button, and it will show the result.
- Load more – This button will let you load more transactions to your list of transactions. By default the amount able to be loaded is 50, and you can increase incrementally by that amount.
- Print – This prints the listed transactions. Use the filtering links to display what you want to print, and then use this link to create hardcopy.
- Import - This link takes you directly to the upload page to upload QFX files. (Option to upload via CSV is linked on that page as well)
- Export – This exports all transactions listed here. The export sends an email to the email address used to access the Bookkeeping account. The email contains a URL link to display your exported data.