This error message while connecting to your bank account is often related to a security constraint imposed by your bank. Some common circumstances are:
- Your bank decides it's time for you to change your password or security questions
- Your bank thinks somebody has made too many failed login attempts to your account and has locked it
- Your bank has had trouble delivering email to you or wants to re-verify your email address
- Your bank wants you to accept new terms and conditions
There might be other situations too, but this should give you an idea of what to look for.
Here's how to fix it:
- Directly log in to your bank and respond to whatever they require
- Verify that you can view recent history for the affected account(s)
- Update any security questions required by your bank
- Log out of your banking site
- Log in again to GoDaddy Bookkeeping
- Go to the Accounts link near the top of the page
- Use the Try Again button to retry (if available). Wait up to 3 minutes for a possible "Fix It" button to appear.
- Use the Fix It button if available. You may need to re-enter any changed login credentials or security answers.
You should expect the Try Again or Fix It button to become "Update" once you follow these steps.
If you go through all these steps and continue to have trouble please submit a support request and we'll follow up with our data provider.