To add an Income or Expense transaction in the iPhone app, follow these directions:
1) Click the add icon "+" at the top of any page in the app.
2a) To add Income select "Add Income" from the menu.
2b) To add an Expense select "Add Expense" from the menu.
On this next screen you will now have the ability to enter in all the pertinent information.
3) Enter in the "Amount."
4) Enter in the "Payee."
5) Click on where it says "Pick Category" and a menu will appear. Then select the appropriate category.
6) Enter in the "Date."
7) Enter in a "Description." For example, "Purchased Train Parts to Sell on eBay." This will help you identify the transaction later.
8a) If you are done entering in all of the pertinent information, go ahead and click "Save" and now your transaction will show both in the app and in your website account.
8b) If you would like to add a photo to your transaction, click on where it says "Tap to Add Photo."
9a) If you have not yet taken a photo of your receipt or invoice, click where it says "Take Photo" to take a photo to add into the system.
9b) If you've already taken a photo of your receipt or invoice, click where it says "Choose Photo" to select a photo from your library.
9c) If you decide that you no longer wish to add a photo, click where it says "Cancel" and then click "Save" to save your transaction.
10) After selecting a photo, you will see a copy of your photo so that you can verify that the photo is correct and easy to read.
11a) If you like the photo selected, click where it says "Use" to attach this photo to your transaction.
11b) If you do not like the photo selected, click where it says "Retake" to retake your photo.
12) After you've selected the photo you want to use, you will see a smaller copy of the photo show up at the bottom of the transaction.
13a) If you are done entering in all of the pertinent information, go ahead and click "Save" and now your transaction with the newly attached photo will show both in the app and in your website account.
13b) If you decide that you do not like this photo anymore, click on the "X" to remove this photo from the transaction.